GEOGRAPHY- PAGE 21
1:-Jal Mahal is situated at ____
2. Which of the following rivers is NOT originated from the Himalayas?
(A) The Sindhu (B) The Ganga
(C) The Brahmaputra (D) The Krishna
3. The smallest neighbouring country of India is
(A) Nepal (B) Bangladesh
(C) Bhutan (D) Myanmar
4. Where was the headquarters of Lakshadweep before Kavaratti?
(A) Kochi (B) Kozhikode
(C) Andrott (D) Bangaram
5:-India's largest Bauxite producing state
6:-The Gandhi Sagar Dam is built on the river
7:-The famous archaeological site 'Pattanam' is located in the delta of river
8:-Identify the Capital of Manipur
9. The earliest evidence of man in India is found in
(B) Siwalik hills
(C ) Nallamala hills
(D) Narmada valley
10. Arrange the atmospheric layer in the ascending order :
A) I, II, III & IV
B) I, III, IV & II
C) IV, III. I & II
D) II, I, IV, III
11. Which is the largest river of South India?
(A) Godavari (B) Mahanadi
(C) Narmada (D) Tapti
12. Which one of the following rivers is shortest in length?
(A) Chambal (B) Damodar
(C) The son (D) Kaveri
13. Three layers of continental crust from top to bottom are
II. Granite layer
III. Basaltic layer
Of these ,
A) I, II & III
B) III, II & 1
C) II, I & III
D) II, III& 1
14. The mercury‘s period of revolution round the sun
A) 68 days
B) 108 days
(C) 110 days
D) 88 days
15. The equatorial radius of the earth is
(A) 6378.5 km
(B) 6108.5 km
(C) 6500.5 km
(D) 6778.5 km
16. Galaxy is a
A) giant family of millions of planets
B) giant family of millions of stars
C) giant family of millions of stars and planets
D) giant family of millions of stars, planets and asteroids
17. Arrange the planets based on their size
(A) Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, Jupiter
(B) Neptune, Saturn, Uranus, Jupiter
(C) Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus
(D) Saturn, Neptune, Jupiter, Uranus
18. In the Global Warming Point of view, the name 'The Christ Child’ is associated with
(A) EL NINO
(B) LA NINO
(C) Green house effect
(D) Pink Revolution
19. Which one of the following is the second largest Indian state in geographical area ?
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
20. Match List I with List II correctly and select your answer using the codes given below :
List I List II
a) Salar Jang Museum 1. Rajasthan
b) Sunderban 2. Tamil Nadu
c) Mundanthurai 3. Andhra Pradesh
d) Ranthambore National Park 4. West Bengal
a b c d
(A) 3 4 2 1
(B) 4 3 1 2
(C) 1 2 3 4
(D) 3 1 2 4
21. Consider the following statements regarding the Saharan dust. 1. The Saharan dust : fertilize the Amazon rainforest. 2. It provides mineral nutrients for phytoplankton in the Atlantic Ocean. 3. It helped to build beaches across the Caribbean after being deposited for thousands of years. 4. The Saharan dust : do not play any role in determining the intensity of hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean. Which of the statements listed above are true? (A) 1 and 2 only (B) 2 and 3 only (C) 1, 2 and 4 only (D) 1, 2 and 3 only
22. Consider the following pairs: Waterfall River 1. Chitrakoot : Indravati 2. Dudhsagar : Zuari 3. Jog : Sharavathi 4. Athirapally : Chalakudy Which of the pairs given above are correctly matched? (A) 1, 2 and 3 only (B) 1, 3 and 4 only (C) 3 and 4 only (D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
23. Where is the Cherrapunji scarp located? (A) Jaintia Hills (B) Garo Hills (C) Khasi Hills (D) Naga Hills
24. Consider the following statements: 1. One of the largest flooded areas was those adjacent to the backwaters along the coast. Areas adjoining these wetlands that are normally flood-free were flooded to a large extent. 2. The outlets to the sea, (pozhis/sand banks and spillways), did not have the capacity to evacuate high flood flows from the rivers, as they occurred, into the sea and thereby aggravating the floods. 3. The flood situation in the coastal areas was intensified by the perigean spring tide, during 11–15 August 2018. 4. Sustained strong onshore winds, resulting in abnormally high sea levels, hampered river outflow into the sea and intensified the flood. Which among the following statements, listed above, are true with regard to the Kerala floods of August 2018? (A) 1, 2, 3 and 4 (B) 1 and 4 only (C) 1, 2 and 4 only (D) 2 and 3 only
25. Match the following: List I List II (Longitudes) (Dates) a. Prime Meridian 1. 180o longitude b. Tropic of Cancer 2. 231/2o N latitude c. International Date Line 3. 0o longitude d. Arctic Circle 4. 231/2o S latitude e. Tropic of Capricorn 5. 661/2o N latitude a b c d e (A) 2 4 5 1 3 (B) 3 2 1 5 4 (C) 3 1 4 5 2 (D) 3 4 5 2 1
26. A ship sailing from the eastern extremity of the Aleutian Islands to Dutch Harbour crosses 180o meridian at 23.30 hrs on January 1, 1999. What time and date will be recorded by the captain of the ship in his diary after one-hour journey from the point of crossing of the meridian? (A) January, 1, 00.30 hrs (B) January, 2, 00.30 hrs (C) January, 3, 00.30 hrs (D) January, 4, 00.30 hrs
27. Assertion (A): A Karst topography is characterized by the formation of stalactites and stalagmites. Reason (R): Solution is a dominant process in the development of land forms in Karst Region. (A) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A (B) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A (C) A is true but R is false (D) A is false but R is true.
28. Consider the following statements about the "Roaring Forties". I. They blow uninterrupted in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere. II. The blow with great strength and constancy. III. Their direction is generally from North-West to East in the Southern Hemisphere. IV. Overcast skies, rain and raw weather are generally associated with them. Which of these statements are correct? (A) I, II and III (B) II, III and IV (C) I, II and IV (D) I, II and IV
29. For short-term climatic predictions, which one of the following events, detected in the last decade, is associated with occasional weak monsoon rains in the Indian sub-continent? (A) La Nina (B) Movement of Jet Streams (C) EI Nino and Southern Oscillations (D) Greenhouse effect on global level.
30. Consider the following statements regarding the earthquakes: I. The intensity of earthquake is measured on Mercalli scale. II. The magnitude of an earthquake is a measure of energy released. III. Earthquake magnitudes are based on direct measurements of the amplitude of seismic waves. IV. In the Richter scale, each whole number demonstrates a hundredfold increase in the amount of energy released. Which of these statements are correct? (A) I, II and III (B) II, III and IV (C) I and IV (D) I and III
31. Volcanic eruptions do not occur in the (A) Baltic Sea (B) Black Sea (C) Caribbean Sea (D) Caspian Sea
32. Assertion (A): Anti-cyclonic conditions are formed in winter season when atmospheric pressure is high and air temperatures are low. Reason (R): Winter rainfall in Northern India causes development of anti-cyclonic conditions with low temperature.
(A) Both A and R are individually true, and R is the correct explanation of A.
(B) Both A and R are individually true, but R is NOT a correct explanation of A.
(C) A is true, but R is false. (D) A is false, but R is true.
33. The characteristics of a cyclone include:
I. Air convergence II. Upliftment of air III. Centrifugal air flow IV. Circular air motion
(A) I and IV (B) I, II and IV (C) I, II and III (D) All of these
34. Consider the following statements: "Vulcanicity" refers to
I. all those processes in which molten rock material or magma rises into the crust.
II. the greater bulk of the volcanic rocks of the earth's surface were erupted from volcanoes
III. the process of solidification of rock into crystalline or semi crystalline form from molten rock material after being poured out on the surface.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(A) I, II and III (B) I and II (C) II and III (D) I and III
35. The online platform established by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy for Installation of Solar Photovoltaic :
(A) SPIN (B) SOLARWHIN (C) SPINE (D) INSP
36. In India the largest amount of installed grid interactive renewable power capacity is associated with :
(A) Solar power (B) Wind power (C) Tidal power (D) Biomass power
37. At the headquarters of which international organisation was the Gandhi Solar Park (GSP) recently inaugurated ?
(A) United Nations (B) World Health Organization (C) International Atomic Energy Agency (D) International Monetary Fund
38. With reference to the cause of ozone layer depletion which of the following statement is incorrect ?
(A) A number of naturally occurring substances like Hydrogen Oxide (HOx), Methane (CH4), Hydrogen Gas (H2), Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) causes ozone layer depletion.
(B) Chlorine Monoxide (ClO); during volcanic eruptions, significant amount of chlorine may be released in the stratosphere which causes ozone layer depletion.
(C) Tiny particulate matter in the stratosphere, known as stratospheric aerosols, the only matter protect ozone layer depletion.
(D) Any event, which release chlorine atoms into the atmospheric, can cause severe ozone destruction, because chlorine atoms in the stratosphere can destroy ozone very efficiently.
39. Chandrayaan-2 was a mixture of success and set-back. Which of the following statements are applicable to Chandrayaan-2 mission ?
(i) It aimed at exploring south pole of the moon.
(ii) To further study the evidence of water molecule found by Chandrayaan-1.
(iii) To soft land Vikram lander on the lunar surface and to relay information to earth.
(iv) The location of crash landing of Vikram has later been identified.
(A) (i) only (B) (ii) only (C) (i), (ii) and (iii) only (D) (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv)
40. The upcoming smaller counterpart of PSLV rocket is :
(A) Mini Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (B) Cube Satellite Launch Vehicle
(C) Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (D) Multiple Satellite Launch Vehicle
41. The location of the planned prime landing site for Vikram Lander on Chandrayaan-2 was SLS54, which is located at 70.9S and 22.8E on the Moon. Consider the following statements regarding the selection of the potential landing site.
(i) Visible to Earth for radio communication.
(ii) Water ice has been mapped at the site earlier by Lunar Reconnaisance Orbiter mission.
(iii) Local terrain features such that they don’t shadow the site for long durations.
Which of the following statements above is/are correct ?
(A) (ii) and (iii) (B) (i) and (iii) (C) (i), (ii) and (iii) (D) (iii) only
42. The first dedicated Indian astronomy mission aimed at studying celestial sources in X-ray, optical and ultraviolet spectral bands simultaneously is :
(A) Chandrayaan-2 (B) Gaganyaan (C) Astrosat (D) Cartosat
43. Which one of the following statements is correct ?
(A) Prithvi missile is a family of strategic surface-to-surface long-range ballistic missiles.
(B) Akash is a medium-range surface-to-air missile which flies at sub-sonic speeds.
(C) Trishul is India’s third generation anti-tank missile with Imaging Infra-Red guidance.
(D) Agni is intermediate range surface-to-surface missile with nuclear warhead capability.
44. The second spaceport of ISRO to launch rockets is proposed at the following location :
(A) Kulasekarapattinam, Tamil Nadu (B) Kaithkhola, Odisha
(C) Pozhiyoor, Kerala (D) Krishnapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
45. ______ is generally referred as dust storm in North India.
A) Trade wind
C) Jet stream
D) Cold wind
46. In summer highest temperature recorded at Rajasthan in the month of June is about ________ degree C
47. Which one is correct?
The Western disturbances comes from _____ to ____ month.
1) December to February
2) March to May
3) October to December
4) September to November
- Indian Geography
- Geography- Page 1
- Geography- Page 2
- Geography- Page 3
- Geography- Page 4
- Geography- Page 5
- Geography- Page 6
- Geography- Page 7
- Geography- Page 8
- Geography- Page 9
- Geography- Page 10
- Geography- Page 11
- Geography- Page 12
- Geography- Page 13
- Geography- Page 14
- Geography- Page 15
- Geography- Page 16
- Geography- Page 17
- Geography- Page 18