TAMILNADU MCQ- PAGE 1
1. In which year, Andhra Pradesh was carved out of Madras state?
2. Total districts in Tamilnadu is _________.
3. Total number of Taluks in Tamilnadu is _________.
4. Total members in TN legislative assembly is _________
5. Area of Tamilnadu is _______ km2
(a). 140067 km2
(b). 130058 km2
(c). 159870 km2
(d). 165678 km2
Answer: 130058 km2
6. The 11th largest state in India by area is
7. According to 2011 census, literacy rate in TN is _________
8.The leading political parties in TN are _____________and _______
(a). DMK and ADMK
(b). DMK and Congress
(c). ADMK and MDMK
(d). MDMK and Congress
Answer: DMK and ADMK
9. Anngnai means other
10. Tamilnadu Anthem is ____________
(a). "Invocation to Tamil God"
(b). "Invocation to Tamil Mother"
(c). "Invocation to Tamil Father"
(d). "Invocation to Tamil Goddess"
Answer: "Invocation to Tamil Mother"
11. TN has highest proportion of women police in India, i.e., __________%
(a). 10.97 %
12. Meenakshi Amman Temple is in
13. The state sport of Tamilnadu is
14. Name the strait that separates Tamil Nadu from Sri Lanka.
15. The state fruit of Tamilnadu is
16. The state animal of Tamilnadu is
(a). Nilgiri Tahr
Answer: Nilgiri Tahr
17. Kallanai dam was built by ________ on the river Kaveri
(b). Karikala Cholan
(d). Raja Raja Cholan
Answer: Karikala Cholan
18. State dance of Tamilnadu is
19. Which reserve in TN has the largest number of elephants in India?
(a). Mudumalai National Park
(b). Mundanthurai tiger reserve
(c). Sathyamangalam tiger reserve
(d). Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary
Answer: Sathyamangalam tiger reserve
20. What is the motto of Tamilnadu state?
(a). Truth alone Truimphs
(b). Hardwork brings victory
(c). Arise, Shine and Awake
(d). One People, One Nation, One Destiny
Answer: Truth alone Truimphs
21. In which year the bicameral legislature was replaced by unicameral legislature in TN?
22. TN legislative assembly is in __________________
(d). Fort. St. George
Answer: Fort. St. George
23. Which is the highest point in Tamil Nadu?
(c) Doda Betta
(d) Guru Peak
Answer: Doda Betta
24. Name the southernmost point of Tamil Nadu.
(a). Cape Horn
(b). Cape Comorin
(c). Castle Point
(d). Blair Point
Answer: Cape Comorin
25. Which wild life sanctuary is located in Coimbatore district, TN?
(d). Point calimere
Answer : Anamalai
26. The Koodamkulam Nuclear Power Plant is located in the district of
27. Karaivetti bird sanctuary is located in
a. Ariyalur, Tamilnadu
b. Kanyakumari, TN
c. Madurai, TN
28. Kattapomman was hanged to death at Kayatharu in the year