DRAWING AND PAINTING SYLLABUS
(The syllabus may change from time to time. Please check with the relevant Public Service Commission websites for any changes in the syllabus)
1. Knowledge of Subject concerned: Senior Secondary Level.
Knowledge of Art and its Development.
Ancient Literature on Art and Craft (specially Painting and Sculpture).
Elements of Art and Principles of composition.
Medium and Techniques of Painting.
Indian prehistoric Painting from prehistoric to Modern period.
Prehistoric Art, Buddhist Art (Ajanta and Bagh Painting).
Post Medival period- Apbransh Jain Painting, Mughal Painting, Deccan Style of Painting, Rajasthani and Pahari Painting, Painting during British period(company style).
New trends of Painting, Bengal Style of Painting and its Artists.
2. Knowledge of Subject concerned: Graduation Level.
Three dimensional and Two dimensional Art.
Drawing and Rendering.
History of Indian and Rajasthani Sculpture- Prehistoric, Mohan Jodaro and Harrappa, Ajanta, Gupta period, Maurya Period, Sanchi, Bharhut, Amrawati, Kushan, Gandhar, Mathura, Modern Sculpture and Modern Sculptors.
Modern Period- Indian and Rajasthani contemporary Artists.
3. Knowledge of Subject concerned: Post Graduation Level.
Indian Ras Theory- Bharat Muni, Bhatt Nayak and Abhinava Gupta. Impressionist, Post Impressionist, Fauvism and Cubism it's main artists and main Art work.
DRAWING AND PAINTING ANSWER KEYS
1. How to Draw: Drawing and Sketching Objects and Environments by Scott Robertson
2. Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 Drawing Lessons from the Creator of Akiko by Mark Crilley
3. The Artist's Complete Guide to Drawing the Head by William Maughan