JAMMU AND KASHMIR
1. Jammu and Kashmir was added to Indian union on 26 October 1947.
2. There are 22 districts in J&K
3. The largest city is Srinagar.
4. Official language of J&K is Urdu written in Persian script.
5. State bird of J&K is Black necked crane
6. State tree of J&K is Chinar tree
7. State flower of J&K is Lotus
8. Line of Control separates J&K from Pakistan
9. Summer capital of J&K is Srinagar (March to October).
10. Winter capital of J&K is Jammu (October to March).
11. Ladakh is also known as "Little Tibet"
12. Longest Himalayan glacier is Siachen glacier (76 km).
13. The Muslim population in J&K is 68.3% (2011 census).
14. The only Indian state which has a state flag is J&K.
15. The three stripes found in J&K flag represents Kashmir valley, Ladakh and Jammu.
16. The only major Himalayan river that flows through the Kashmir valley is Jhelum.
17. Cricket bats made in Kashmir is also known as Kashmir Willow.
18. People from other Indian states cannot purchase land in J&K.
19. The place famous for skiing in J&K is Gulmarg.
1. Know Your State - Jammu & Kashmir Paperback – 2016 by Abdul Rashid (Author)