- The word Himachal was taken from Sanskrit. "Him" means "Snow" and "Achal" means "mountain"
- The word Himachal was coined by Acharya Diwakar Datt Sharma
- Himachal Pradesh is the second least corrupt state in India followed by Kerala (Transparency International Survey, 2015).
- Total districts: 12
- Himachal Pradesh achieved statehood on 25-01-1971
- Two capitals of Himachal Pradesh are Shimla (during summer) and Dharamsala (during winter)
- Most parts of Himachal Pradesh lies on the foothills of Dhauladhar range
- Highest mountain peak in Himachal Pradesh is Reo Purgyil
- The three divisions of Himachal Pradesh are Shimla, Kangra and Mandi
- Main occupation of people of Himachal Pradesh is agriculture
- There are three domestic airports in Himachal Pradesh- Bhuntar airport (Kullu district), Dharamshala Airport Gaggal, Kangra and Shimla airport.
- Major religion in Himachal Pradesh is Hinduism (more than 95% people)
- Shimla is the only place in Asia known for natural ice skating
- Largest district in Himachal Pradesh is Lahul and Spiti
- District with highest literacy rate in Himachal Pradesh is Hamirpur
1. Which district is native place of 'BHARMOR' tribes in Himachal Pradesh ?