1. The first model e-court in the country was launched in February, 2009 by the Chief Justice of India, in
2. ‘Ghadtar ane Chantar’ is whose autobiography ?
(a) Nanabhai Bhatt
(b) Manubhai Pancholi ‘Darshak’
(c) Jugatram Dave
(d) Amrutlal Thakkar (Thakkar Bapa)
Answer: Nanabhai Bhatt
3. Which Gujarati film got the Human Rights Award at UNESCO International Film Festival ?
(c) Bhavni bhavai
(d) Zher to pidha chhe jani jani
Answer: Bhavni bhavai
4. Who translated Tolstoy’s ‘War and Peace’ into Gujarati ?
(a) Nagindas Parekh
(b) Jayanti Dalal
(c) Ramanlal Shah
(d) Manibhai Desai
Answer: Jayanti Dalal
5. Who is the author of “Sabdanushasan”?
6. What was the relationship of poet Nanhalal with Dalpatram ?
(d) None of the above
7. Who was the editor of periodical “Vismi Sadi”?
(a) Umashankar Joshi
(b) Haji Mohmmad Allarakha Shivji
(c) Poet Nanhalal
(d) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
Answer: Haji Mohmmad Allarakha Shivji
8. Who was the pioneer of Library Movement in Gujarat ?
(a) Alexander Kinloch Forbes
(b) Maharaja Sayajirao Gaikwad
(c) Rakhengarji III
(d) Motibhai Amin
Answer: Maharaja Sayajirao Gaikwad
9. Who founded “Manavdharmsabha”?
(b) Karsandas Mulji
(c) Durgaram Mehta
Answer: Durgaram Mehta
10. By whom was the weekly ‘Satyaprakash’ started ?
(a) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) Karsandas Mulji
(d) Kekhushro Kabraji
Answer: Karsandas Mulji
11. Who is the writer of ‘Gnati Nibandh’?
(c) Goverdhanram Tripathi
(d) Manilal Nabhubhai
12. Who is famed for being the pioneer “Father” of modern education in Gujarat ?
(a) Ambalal Sarabhai
(b) Ranchhoddas Girdhardas
(c) Lord Bishop Carr
(d) T.C. Hope
Answer: T.C. Hope
13. Where is the first temple of BAPS located ?
14. By whom was the ‘Pranami sect’ started?
15. In India maximum alkali area is found in the State of--
(D) Uttar Pradesh
Ans : (A)
16. Where is ‘Chitra-Vichitra’ fair organised ?
(A) Ambaji (Banaskantha)
(B) Gubhakhari (Sabarkantha)
(C) Vautha (Ahmedabad)
(D) Sagbara (Narmda)
17. What is the name of the main temple at Dwarka ?
(A) Dwarkadhisha Temple
(B) Krishna Mandir
(C) Jagat Mandir
(D) Mukhya Mandir
Ans : (A)
18. Who was Akbar’s commander of Gujarat during the Battle of Bhuchar Mori (1591) ?
(A) Muzzafar Shah
(B) Mirza Aziz Koka
(C) Nizamuddin Baxi
(D) None of the above
19. Which Satyagrahi of Gujarat is famous as “Dungli-chor” (Onion thief) ?
(A) Mohanlal Pandya
(B) Narhari Parikh
(C) Dwarkadas Talati
(D) Vamanrao Mukadam
Ans: Mohanlal Pandya
20. Which political leader from Gujarat is considered as the architect of Panchayati Raj in Modern India ?
(A) Balwantrai Mehta
(B) Indulal Yagnik
(C) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(D) Morarji Desai
Answer: Balwantrai Mehta
21. Where is the only Synagogue (Prayerhouse of Jews) situated in Gujarat ?
22. Which was the headquarters of the north division of Mumbai Presidency during the British period ?
23. Who built the lake Sudarshan for irrigation ?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
24. Mohanlal Pandya and Shankarlal Parikh were associated with
(A) Ahmedabad mill workers strike
(B) Kheda Satyagrah
(C) Bardoli Satyagrah
(D) Dandi March
Ans: Kheda Satyagrah
25. Which one of the following sun temple is located in Patan, Gujarat?
1. Gujarat Parichay