BIHAR GENERAL STUDIES SYLLABUS
General Studies Syllabus of Bihar PSC -Download or view here
- The name Bihar is taken from the Sanskrit and Pali word-Vihara (Meaning abode)
- Capital of Bihar is Patna
- The 18th Tiger Reserve of India is found in Bihar (Valmiki National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary)
- NIT Patna was established in 1886 is the second oldest engineering college in India
- Bihar state has airports at Patna, Gaya and Purnea
- Ancient universities Nalanda, Odantapura and Vikramashila are found in Bihar
- The first Hindi newspaper was Biharbandhu. It was started in 1872 by Madan Mohan Bhatta
- Bihar attained its statehood on 26 January 1950
- On 15-11-2000, southern Bihar was ceded to form Jharkhand state.
- Total districts in Bihar is 38
- The official languages of the Bihar state are Hindi and Urdu
- About 80% of the population of Bihar are employed in agriculture
- Valmiki National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the district West Champaran.
- The first Maithili movie was Kanyadan (release: 1965)
- Buddha got enlightment at Bodh Gaya (Gaya district of Bihar)
- 71% of India's annual litchi production comes from Bihar
- Almost 58% of the population of Bihar was below 25 years age (2011 census)
- The state symbols of Bihar are Animal: Ox, Bird: Sparrow, Flower: Marigold, Tree: Peepal.
- The twelth Jain Trithankara ,Vasupujya was born in Champapuri, Bhagalpur.
- Surjapuri is spoken in Bihar in Araria, Purnia, Katihar and Kishanganj districts
- Pandit Govardhan Mishra is famous for Tappa singing
- Vardhamana Mahavira was born in Vaishali in 6th century BC.
- Vardhamana Mahavira was the 24th and the last Tirthankara of Jainism religion
- 31 feet Statue of Lord Vasupujya is found in Champapur, Bhagalpur
- The first Magadhi film was Bhaiyaa
- Bhojpuri language film industry is found in Bihar
- Ganga Jamuna was the first film with Bhojpuri dialogue. It was released in 1961