ANDHRA PRADESH GENERAL STUDIES SYLLABUS
1. General Science – Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and their implications including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international importance.
3. History of India – emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on AP Indian National Movement.
4. World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP.
5. Indian polity and Economy – including the country’s political system- rural development – Planning and economic reforms in India.
6. Mental ability – reasoning and inferences.
General Studies Answer Keys
ANDHRA PRADESH- NOTES
1. How many sector missions are established by Government of Andhra Pradesh as part of mission based developmental strategy?
2. What is the period for which Hyderabad shall be the common capital of the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana as per section 5 of the AP Reorganization Act, 2014?
Ans: not exceeding 10 years
3. What is the FRL (full reservoir level) of the Polavaram project?
Ans: 150 feet
4. The number of organizations included in Xth Schedule of the AP Reorganization Act, 2014 as on today?
5. Who heads the Apex Council for supervision of functioning of Godavari and Krishna River Management Boards?
Ans: Minister of Water Resources, Government of India
6. The length of coastline of Andhra Pradesh in nearest number of kilometers is
7. The capital of Andhra Pradesh
1. History of Modern Andhra Pradesh (1858-2016) by P.R. Rao
2. HISTORY AND CULTURE OF ANDHRA PRADESH PB. by Rao P R
3. Medieval India by Satish Chandra [ TELUGU MEDIUM]