UPSC Exam Preparation Tips
- Prepare a time table for exam preparation.
- Revise atleast two times before the Examination. Revision is very important. Plan accordingly and put a timetable. Give enough time for revision.
- Give more attention to General Studies paper
- Solve online test papers- Many websites have mock test. Select one or two websites and practice doing mock tests.
- Solve previous year question papers- Make sure you follow the time mentioned in the question paper to increase your speed.
- You should have a clear understanding of the basics of the subject.
- Read newspapers daily and note down the important events in a diary.
- Prepare notes based on the given syllabus. There is no point in spending time in those materials that are not in the exam syllabus.
- Take notes of the important points in a separate note. This reduces your time significantly when you do the revision. For revision, just go through the important points than reading the entire book.
- Divide the subject into small portions and allow adequate time for each portion.
- For Economy, read the business page of daily newspapers
- If you prepare for any State Public Service Commission, you should collect some specific information about that particular state.
- You can read state school books online.
- Go through IUCN website for environment and science materials
- Go through the free online downloads - NCERT Books Download,
- Yojana Magazine Download,
- Kurukshetra Magazine,
- Pratiyogita Darpan Magazine,
- IGNOU Books and
- Tamilnadu Government Textbooks Online